Essential Tremor (ET) Study
Learn about a new clinical trial for essential tremor (ET)
The T-CALM study will evaluate whether investigational oral drug CX-8998 reduces the severity of tremors by reducing abnormal activity in certain regions of the brain.
People with essential tremor will participate in the study for 5 weeks. Participants in the study will be randomly assigned to one of two groups–half will receive the study drug and the other half will be given a placebo (sugar pill).
In order to scientifically assess the effects of the drug, neither the participants nor the clinical team will know during the study what group each participant is in.
- Eligibility requirements include
- Men and women (not pregnant or breastfeeding) 18 to 75 years-of-age
- Diagnosis prior to age 65 of essential tremor affecting both hands and arms
- No previous brain surgery, focused ultrasound or deep brain stimulation for tremor
- No known history of other causes of tremor, such as Parkinson’s disease, hyperthyroidism, multiple sclerosis, or head trauma or brain disease in the 3 months before the tremor began
You may be eligible for the study even if you are already taking one medication for tremor.
(However, people using Primidone will be asked to discontinue it prior to starting the study.)
If you are interested in participating in our Essential Tremor (ET) Study study, please fill out the form below or call us at (520) 225-0382.
Please provide the following information so that we can contact you regarding enrolling in our current and upcoming studies. Provide only information you feel comfortable transmitting to our secure website via the internet. Your information will NOT be shared with anyone else and will only be used to contact you regarding potential involvement in our studies and for sending you study related newsletters and mailings.